domingo, 6 de abril de 2014

(I'm wondering if somebody else wrote this story before and my memory is tricking me into rewriting it again... not sure)

Be careful what you wish for...

When I was a pariah in the Northern State of Utharakan I used to go to the temple. I had to go at night since we, the untouchable, were not allowed to go with the people. There, I used to whisper the same prayer: "Thou, gracious God, turn me into anything else, since this life is not worth living!" After one night - the God might have been in a good mood - I woke up as a tiger. "This is not right" - I thought - and went to the temple, where, after scaring the faithful, I prayed again: "Merciless God, how can I, a vegetarian, stay alive as a tiger?". So soon afterwards the God turned me into a chicken and I had to run all over the village because people wanted me for a meal: fortunately the mischievous God had given me strong legs. I went to the cruel God again and asked to be turned into something people wouldn't eat. That night the God turned me into a worm... "This is not right" - I thought - but I didn't consider praying then and after much wriggling I got to the temple and found my way into the idol: I wanted to face the heartless God. But the idol turned out to be hollow and made of sandalwood, the sacred tree that smells like roses. I found it very appetizing: finally, I was happy and comfortable!

After many joyous years of fragrant wood meals the idol crumbled and the pious crowd came and discovered their God was gone. So they promptly built, around my den, another one made of inedible bronze and covered it with golden plates. And, while I was considering how can a worm survive in such adverse circumstances, I said to myself: "This is a dream - a nightmare within a dream - about being a pariah in the Northern State of Utharakan who used to go to the temple at night, since he was not allowed to go with the people, and pray to the God the same prayer of turning him into anything else, because he considered his life was not worth living". I woke up from that dream just to fall into another one and when I finally stirred up from all the layers of my nested dreams I felt a great solace for not being a worm.
So here I am, neither a tiger, a chicken nor a worm, telling the story of a dream about a dream of being a pariah in the Northern State of Utharakan who used to go to the temple at night - since he was not allowed to go with the people - to whisper the same foolish prayer of wishing to be turned into anything else...

But I keep wandering... Whose dreams are we?

1 comentario:

Ana Maria Julio dijo...

¡Saludos!
Soy la señora Julio Matus Guzmán, nacida en noviembre de 1952 en Alicante, propietaria de una empresa comercial, actualmente en cuidados intensivos por enfermedad.
Perdí a mi marido, con el que no tuve la oportunidad de tener un hijo, durante la crisis de Covid-19.
Tengo un tumor cerebral y, según los exámenes médicos, esta enfermedad acabará con mi supervivencia.
Mi padre religioso y guía espiritual me recomienda regalar mi herencia para obtener el favor divino.
Me gustaría donar la suma de 332.000 euros para cuidar mi herencia y adoptar a mi cariñosa gatita Mila en una familia.
Esperando que mi nota le sea útil, y esperando su respuesta, escríbame a mi dirección de correo electrónico que figura más abajo para mantener una conversación franca y honesta con el fin de saber más sobre esta donación.
anamariajulio38@gmail.com
Gracias.